Crispy Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad with Herb Dressing
This super-easy salad will keep you full for hours thanks to fibre- and protein-rich chickpeas and hearty cauliflower. The light herbal dressing takes full advantage of whatever herbs you have growing in your yard or are available at your local farmers’ market. While the combination of basil, parsley, and wild leeks is particularly yummy, feel free to customize with your favourite flavours!
Crispy Cauliflower Chickpea Salad
Pair this recipe with Tempeh Lettuce Wraps with Creamy Tahini Dressing, Simple Summer Dessert Parfait, and Chia Lemonade for an amazing summertime fiesta!
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1½ c of cooked chickpeas (1-400 g can, drained)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
- ½ c fresh herbs
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Dump florets and chickpeas onto a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, season with a little salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, mixing once or twice throughout the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Finely chop herbs and add to a small bowl along with olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined, then drizzle over the cauliflower and chickpea mixture, lightly toss, and serve while slightly warm.
Enjoyed this recipe? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest ecoFOOD recipes delivered straight to your inbox!