Many of us are eagerly anticipating well-deserved vacations and adventures this summer. As you plan your time away, you’ll also want to be well prepared for the confined travel of airplanes, boats, and cars, days spent under the sun, and experiencing new and exciting foods. We want you to feel your best while on vacation so you can squeeze in the most fun from your days away. Along with other travel essentials, check off “wellness” on your packing list with these supportive supplements from AOR.
Pack Smart for Better Self-Care
Just like you wouldn’t expect to run a marathon well without training, the body is best prepared to weather new environments and stressors when it’s already prepped and well-nourished for success. Of course, even the best-planned journeys come with some bumps in the roads, and the novelty and excitement of travel leaves us more susceptible to getting sick. That’s where natural relief solutions can save the day.
Gut Health Heroes
Understandably, the rulebook on “everything in moderation” often gets thrown out the window when we unwind on vacation. After indulging in bottomless sugary drinks, grab-and-go-style snacks, and rich foods, clocking time on the toilet can be the body’s way of protesting against too much of a good thing. Other times, new dishes that sang to our senses just aren’t jiving with the gut. Digestive troubles can further stem from unhygienic practices or bacteria found in tap water. According to the CDC, the resulting (and aptly named) traveller’s diarrhea affects 30 to 70 percent of vacationers.
Wave goodbye to some of those tummy troubles by setting out on your travels with a more balanced microbiome! Probiotic-3’s synergistic formula works like an all-in-one prebiotic, probiotic, symbiotic, and postbiotic thanks to its three bacterial strains:
- C. butyricum TO-A reduces inflammation, shielding intestines from damage and preventing that pesky "leaky gut" syndrome.
- E. faecium T-110 helps lower gastrointestinal pH levels and thwarts the growth of harmful bacteria. (Bonus: it can also tone down the severity of acute diarrhea!)
- B. subtilis TO-A is the trusty sidekick that fuels E. faecium and C. butyricum populations, increasing their growth by up to 10 times in the gut.
These strains have been tried and tested throughout Asia since the '60s, yet Probiotic-3 stands out as one of few probiotics on the North American market to contain a strain from the Clostridium family (C. butyricum TO-A). This bacteria is effective against pathogenic bacteria like C. difficile, H. pylori, and the number one culprit of traveller's diarrhea, E. coli.
When the gut is in immediate trouble, it lets you know! Gastro Relief can come to the rescue by quickly alleviating symptoms like heartburn, indigestion, gastritis, and other upper-gastrointestinal tract conditions. The secret to its success is its strategic blend of nutrients:
- Mastic gum disables the bacteria H. pylori, the culprit behind heartburn and ulcers.
- Vitamin C increases stomach acidity to address gastric issues.
- Ginger soothes and calms the stomach during digestive upset.
- Zinc-carnosine and nitric oxide promote healing for damaged stomach lining cells.
- Sodium alginate prevents gastric contents from backing up to protect against heartburn and esophageal damage. Gastro Relief is uniquely formulated with this research-backed and fast-acting solution for acid reflux symptoms.
ExtrAORdinary Immune Supports
Chances are that the hottest destinations on your bucket list are popular with others too! Airports and tourist-friendly spots get especially crowded in the summer months, upping our exposure to a host of potential viruses. Other health stressors like heat exhaustion and poor sleep can also lead to an immune system that’s in need of some restorative TLC.
In its purest form, the herb Andrographis paniculata packs a bitter-tasting but effective punch against colds and respiratory infections. Long treasured in both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, clinical studies have shown this herb to shorten the duration of coughs and sick days, soothe sore throats, and support overall immune function. Andrographis is conveniently formulated into a single capsule made from a high-quality extract so you can comfortably get back to care-free vacation mode.
Cold & Flu
With its unique blend of herbal and mineral ingredients, this award-winning advanced formula has been clinically shown to provide relief of symptoms for both of these common viruses. Alongside andrographis, the key ingredients in Cold & Flu tackle symptoms as a team:
- Zinc and copper show up at their most balanced and effective ratios in this supplement. Zinc helps white blood cells protect the body from harmful invasions and and regulates inflammation, while copper keeps biochemical processes running smoothly and offers antioxidant benefits.
- Tinospora cordifolia extract and South African Geranium are centuries old remedies that are still in use today, and for good reason! These natural ingredients stimulate and support immune function and have been clinically proven to fight viral and respiratory infections.
Sleep and Stress Savers
Whether it’s jet lag, excitement, or travel worries preventing you from drifting off to dreamland, there’s no denying that sleep and stress are common bedfellows. What affects one will inevitably affect not just the other, but our entire well-being too. When adrenaline runs high and sleep is missed, for instance, we’re also more likely to get sick. This is why good sleep and stress solutions are some of the best travel buddies we can take with us on-the-go.
Made from extracts from pure Crocus sativus, Saffron offers key oxidative compounds to make daily stressors feel more manageable. As a support for neurotransmitters, saffron has been shown to balance mood and even alleviate anxiety with its GABA-like effects. These natural checks and balances are delivered in a single capsule, making Saffron a great solution for unwinding and catching Zs when it matters most.
If jet lag and restless nights are your great nemeses, look no further than Ortho Sleep! This award-winning supplement is the most natural sleep formula out there. It promises to help you fall asleep, stay asleep, and wake up feeling rested with a powerful blend of nutrients and compounds:
- GABA and melatonin are neurotransmitters that help with relaxation.
- 5-HTP is a serotonin precursor that reduces anxiety.
- L-theanine, valerian root, passionflower, and lemon balm each have relaxing properties and support GABA activity in the brain.
Travel Well with AOR
Whether your travels take you to far off destinations or old roads you’ve travelled before, AOR has got you covered. Get ready to pack your bags with better health in mind and make the most of these sunny days away.
At AOR, our vision is to transform health through natural, personalized, and therapeutic care. We seek to catalyze change and challenge conventions through continuous innovation. For twenty-eight years, it has been our mission to transform scientific research into evidence-based, natural health products that empower people to lead their best lives.