Chocolate Chip Cookies with Tahini
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl, beat tahini, maple syrup and vanilla until creamy.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Using your hands, flatten and shape cookies because they will not spread like traditional cookies. Note: If the dough is too sticky wet your hands with a touch of water.
6. Bake at 350F (175C) for 12-14 minutes or just until golden. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 cookies
All-purpose flour can be subbed with whole wheat flour.
Enjoyed this recipe? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest ecoFOOD recipes delivered straight to your inbox!