Maple Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
Ingredients For the Muffins:
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
For the crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon maple sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- For the crumble topping, combine the oats, butter, maple sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Using your fingers or a fork, mix until well combined. The mixture will be clumpy. Set aside.
- For the muffins: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup (room temperature) and melted butter until well combined. Whisk in eggs, one-at-a-time, until well combined. Stir in grated carrot and vanilla.
- Sprinkle in baking soda, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Divide mixture into prepared muffins. Sprinkle the crumble topping on each one and bake 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Butter can be substituted with EVOO or vegan butter. If using vegan butter with salt, omit salt from the muffin recipe and topping recipe. Eggs can be substituted with flax eggs.
Enjoyed this recipe? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest ecoFOOD recipes delivered straight to your inbox!