Pasta and Garbanzo Bean Salad
This summer-fresh salad is packed with enough flavor and nutritional value to work as a side dish or even the main course. Besides being so delicious that everyone will be begging for seconds, it’s high in fiber and protein, and you can easily add a bit more flavor to your plate with just an extra squeeze of fresh lemon.
- 12 oz EDEN Spinach Spirals, or any Spiral Pasta
- 1 c EDEN Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1 c yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 c roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 c scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c fresh parsley, minced
- 1 c organic diced tomatoes, drained, reserve liquid
- 1/2 c tomato juice, reserved from drained tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp EDEN Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp EDEN Ume Plum Vinegar, or to taste
Cook the pasta as package directs. Rinse under cold water and drain. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the beans, carrot, bell pepper, scallions and parsley. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix.
Founded in 1968, Eden Foods is the oldest principled independent organic food company in the United States. Its mission is Creation and Maintenance of Purity in Food. Eden brand is the authentic alternative to commercial food; the purest, best tasting grains, beans, and vegetables on the planet, from known trusted growers. Healthy soil, long-term organic, non-GMO.