Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
Embrace this sweeter spin on a winter classic. Made with an extra dash of heat, this chili recipe rolls some of our favorite flavors into one delicious dish. Take it on-the-go in a thermos, or snuggle up to enjoy with your family at home.
- 1 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 29 ounces EDEN Black Beans, do not drain
- 3 cups peeled, and cubed sweet potatoes
- 10 ounces canned diced organic tomatoes with chilies, do not drain
- 8 ounces EDEN Crushed Tomatoes w/Onion, Basil & Garlic
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic sweet corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pieces EDEN Dried Tofu, soaked in hot water to cover, optional
- 1/2 tsp EDEN Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp EDEN Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp EDEN Ground Chili Pepper
- 1/2 tsp EDEN Ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch EDEN Black Pepper
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the garlic and onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the celery and bell pepper. Sauté another 2 minutes. Squeeze the water out of the dried tofu and discard water. Grate the dried tofu on a box grater and add to the saucepan. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender. Adjust the seasonings, if desired. Serve with your favorite toppings, a slice of whole grain bread, or corn chips.
Founded in 1968, Eden Foods is the oldest principled independent organic food company in the United States. Its mission is Creation and Maintenance of Purity in Food. Eden brand is the authentic alternative to commercial food; the purest, best tasting grains, beans, and vegetables on the planet, from known trusted growers. Healthy soil, long-term organic, non-GMO.