Vegan Pumpkin Curry
This curry recipe is beautifully warming, thoroughly cooked to support digestive health, and contains anti-inflammatory spices to help prepare the immune system for the winter season.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 can of BPA-free chickpeas, drained
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ c unsweetened coconut yogurt, plus rice and/or naan for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and the rest of the spices. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, broccoli, and cauliflower. Toss to coat with the spices and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin, and broth, and simmer for 5–10 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Top with coconut yogurt and serve alongside rice or naan.