Herbed Fish Fritters
Healthy Herbed Fish Fritters Recipe
While commercially farmed fish and large varieties like tuna and swordfish contain a ton of heavy metals like mercury, wild-caught white fish is relatively low in toxins and is considered a healthy choice. These fish fritters are filled with fresh herbs and healthy fats, making a delicious and nutritious summer meal when paired with our summer citrus salad recipe.
- 3 medium white fish fillets
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp olive or avocado oil, for frying
- Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, until fish is opaque.
- Transfer fish to a mixing bowl. Using a fork, flake fish, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Form mixture into small patties and set aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Gently fry the fish patties in oil for about 2–3 minutes a side until golden. Serve warm.
Enjoyed this recipe? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest ecoFOOD recipes delivered straight to your inbox!